Monday, January 19, 2009

Why I love Sunday

I love church. And I LOVE our Sunday school class. But after the holidays, birthdays, the bridal faire, and having at least one family member in from out of town every weekend since Grace has been born, we haven't exactly been the best examples of perfect attendance. So you can imagine why I felt guilty when we skipped again yesterday for some much needed family time with just the three of us. But what a blessing it was! I had to work Saturday morning and Danny spent ALL day at a concealed handgun class (don't get me started on that mess) so Sunday became our rest day and it was absolutely wonderful.

My Favorite things about lazy Sundays:
1. Danny wakes up for the early morning feeding and gives Grace a bottle so I can sleep in. Fabulous.
2. Danny puts on his superdad cape and changes diapers, burps, rocks, and plays with Grace most of the day. I love the help and love when I don't have to ask for it and he just does it. This is my idea of romance these days.
3. Hibernating in the basement. We turn off our phones and hide out.
4. I have time to work on my scrapbooks and fill in the pictures. Yesterday I did 8 pages! Such a blast.
5. Naps. Several short ones in between feeding Grace. I feel so rested today.
6. Getting laundry done. I hate laundry, but I love having time to do it.
7. Dominos pizza. We always say we aren't going to order it, and we even had plenty to choose from in the fridge, but we both give in everytime. This is why I am still wearing a size bigger than I wore before I was pregnant.
8. Because of numbers one and two, I was in the mood to cuddle with Dan last night. It has been awhile because I usually get to bed a lot later than he does, but last night I was able to snuggle up next to him and fall asleep to his soft snoring.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

It sounds like you had a great day. We've missed seeing y'all but can understand how crazy life is right now. Hope to see you soon.
Kristi