Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Life as I know it


Let me just try and paint this picture. It is 11:30 at night, I am sitting on our couch typing one-handed because I have my other hand hanging on to my nursing pump bottles. I have a baby monitor right beside me, praying Grace doesn't wake up again whilst I am hooked up to my milk cow apparatus. The ssshhhh, ssssshhhhh, ssssshhhhhh hum of the pump motor is about to put me to sleep and over the loud sound I can hear my husband enjoying what seems to be the deepest sleep of his life in the other room. I am jealoussssss. 8 ounces! holy toledo batman!
My life will never be the same again...

4 comments:

Deena Girdner said...

Oh my! I am just looking at the blog for the first time in a while and wow she is absolutely a doll!!

I love the new life that you are enjoying - all those little sounds and grins - so precious! I guess for now you can just dream about how wonderful sleep will be - you will get some eventually :)

You are such an amazing wife! Does Danny read your blogs? Just wondering. I am sure that you are not as bad as you think you are... It's so easy to point out our flaws, but don't forget how wonderful, sweet, caring, nurturing, and loving you are too!!

Love you! Can't wait to see Grace again!

Alisa Palmer said...

you just blogged about a breast pump experience.

just thought i'd tell you in case you didn't know.


:D

Anonymous said...

haha...i know exactly what you mean & how you feel! using a pump always made me feel...well, pretty much like a cow! :) hehehe...love you. and btw, i LOVE the baby announcement we got in the mail...the pics are beautiful. grace is really a doll & i miss you guys so much!

Kristen said...

My pump used to "talk" to me. As much as I loved nursing, I don't miss the pump. Praying rest over you and your body. Hope to see you soon friend.