Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Not for everyone

Okay, so this blog is not for everyone, but it is for a few people:

d.r.s.- you are amazing. thanks for your genuine words on monday, and caring enough about my puffy face to help me quit crying! I love you with all my heart.
e. stewart- thank you for leading our bible study. I know it is out of your comfort zone but you are doing a fabulous job and God is blessing our time together.
mom- it has been almost three weeks. fly here already.
carla- arggghh, sorry I couldn't come pick up me booty and loot on friday! (again with the pirate theme.)
the iceman, chuck liddell- I almost cried saturday night when you lost. don't listen to dana white, you are only 39!
to the man who cut me off yesterday on the loop- sorry I yelled at you.
to the man I cut off yesterday on 82nd- sorry I cut you off. I had to take a very important phone call. please don't yell at me again.
k.m.l.- 3 reasons why you are not just a "man with breasts"
1. you have two amazingly adorable children both of whom always look beautiful and put together perfectly.
2. I have seen you, on more than one occasion, wear a skirt.
3. although you call it the "hair store," you at least care enough about your personal appearance to go to the salon and not pro-cuts anymore. r.i.p. leticia. love you
to the rude woman who came in my store last week- I am sorry I asked you to leave and never come back, but your words hurt, and I don't need you as a customer. my store is like my baby and you don't offend a mama's baby. if you want a modal/cotton blend pj set that feels like heaven, looks like something out of a magazine, fits perfectly, and is made in the u.s., you are going to pay more than $10 for it. go to wal-mart, buy a $5 polyester nightgown off the clearance rack and when you are disappointed, come back and see me. by then I may have forgiven you for your hateful words.
to the two pimples on my chin- seriously, how much bigger can you possibly be? are you trying to take over the entire southern hemisphere of my face? I am 27 for crying out loud. please go away!
e. smith- when you said you weren't feeding miss b rice cereal yet, "just in case" what did that mean?
a. joy- I love your honesty about your insecurity. you are growing into a fabulous business woman.
the annoying check out guy at united- I am sorry I avoid your line because you talk too much. next time I will swallow my judgemental attitude and be grateful for your kindness and rambling.
to all my fellow office viewers- our balls are in your court.
emily- I am in mourning over losing you tomorrow! you have been fabulous and I wish I could hire 10 more girls just like you. come back and visit!
a.n.w.- I miss you. so does Dan. he told me last week.
grace- you have brought unspeakable joy to my life and I love every moment with you. even the fussy ones.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry I read the blog that 'is not for everyone' but I was curious...anyway I think I know which guy at United you are talking about. I avoid his line too, HA!

jordan said...

I count as a fellow office viewer and drew has texted that line to me more than once this week! ha!

kristen lewis said...

Awww. I love you. You make me laugh until my sides hurt and are so refreshingly real. You make me want to wear more mascara and be better about grooming my eyebrows. Will they wax them for me at the hair store?

Alisa Palmer said...

this is an awesome post. thanks for being understanding. i love you lots

jarcarhar said...

i just love you...

Mike and Emily said...

"Just in case" means i'm a nervous momma. ha! Babies take a while to learn how to swallow things more than just milk. They should be able to do it once they can keep control of their neck...which for Bella was around week 2. ha! But, i'm waiting until the six month mark "just in case". All in all, I was meaning to say you are a braver momma than I! Congrats on starting Grace on cereal! Fun post by the way. Were you sick and had to go the doctor with a puffy face?

ashley said...

how funny em. No, I did not go to the doctor. Dan's initials are d.r.s and on monday we had a really deep, emotional talk and I cried a lot. When we were almost finished he said we needed to wrap things up because I would be sad that my face was so puffy in the morning from all the crying! he knows me so well. indeed, my face was puffy the next day, but it was well worth the emotional release!

Mike and Emily said...

oh, that's hysterical! Well, i'm glad it wasn't a bad reaction to shellfish or something (hence, the puffiness). Don't you love the emotional talks. Seems like I have those with my hubby too...and then my boss the next morning is like "what happened?"...uhm, concealer can't cover everything, unfortunately. =)

Matt and Rebekah said...

Shoot girl, don't worry about throwing me out of your store last week...and thanks for the suggested polyester pjs from Wal-mart. I did check the clearance rack and actually got two pair for $5! What a steal! LOL Sorry, I couldn't resist!

Elizabeth said...

I appreciate you so much! I just love this post...you are precious. I have really enjoyed getting to know you. You are right, God is so good and He is blessing our time together.