Thursday, April 2, 2009

Dr. appointment and the Nursery

Grace had her check-up and shots yesterday morning. She is such a trooper. She was a little fussy and not herself, but the dr. said that's normal. This morning she is right back on track though!
She is 15 lbs. 15 oz (in the 85th percentile) and 26.5 inches long (97th percentile!) We are so grateful for our healthy, happy baby girl! Here she is waiting with Dan for her shots.

And Sunday was our first morning in the nursery. I knew we were getting close to the day, but I was putting it off as long as possible. During Sunday School she was getting a little fussy and I decided to take her at that moment. No thinking about it or planning or worrying all night Saturday. I got back to our small group and felt the tears welling up and then felt like I couldn't breathe. It was the weirdest thing. I am not prone to anxiety but I felt like I was about to have a panic attack or something. The lady next to me told me I looked pale and I started to lose it. So much for not being a distraction! Kaylee paused the discussion and everyone was telling me it was going to be okay and then we all started laughing because half of the circle was teary-eyed! Apparently it doesn't get easier (which is not comforting advice) but I was comforted knowing my friends had been thru it and understood the hard time I was having.
She was fine, of course. She wasn't in there long, but she did great and was sleeping when we came to get her. They said she didn't even cry! And as weird as it sounds, I am excited about this week; I guess because I know I can do it now. (sidenote- I heart semicolons and I am not sure if used that last one correctly. I have trouble remembering my advanced grammar rules. So whether right or wrong, it stays. Enjoy.)

5 comments:

Matt and Rebekah said...

I'm so proud of you for being so strong and sharing your sweet baby with the wonderful folks in the nursery. Just wait...at some point, she would rather go to her "class" than anywhere else on Sunday. So...know it does get better. Maybe in a year or so, I'll leave Kendal in there with her. LOL

jarcarhar said...

You absolutely used the semicolon correctly; it is used in place of a comma and conjunction to separate two complete thoughts. Kudos to you, my friend! I love your sense of humor and miss it face to face!

Mike and Emily said...

I'm glad our girls are both in the +80% percentile group!! And, the nursery gets a little easier. But, last sunday I had to leave in the middle of church to go rock Bella. ha! Sorry, preacher. Your sermon was good but I did leave in the middle of it just to go "check" on her! She's beautiful Ashley!

Brigitte said...

It's been fun to catch up on your blog. Grace is beautiful! I love all the pictures. Way to let her go to the nursery. It does get a little easier. What a wonderful mommy you are!!

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh...I finally found your blog again! I lost it there for a bit and couldn't remember how I stumbled upon it last time. Then I noticed that you were a "follower" of mine. So yay. Grace is absolutely beautiful Ashley. Wow. Just like her mommy!

Are you going to support group Thurs? See you there if you do.