Wednesday, April 8, 2009

rice cereal and rolling over

Grace has been trying to roll over for several weeks now and she finally did it! She tucks her knees up to her chest and rolls to the right, but she hasn't been able to get past the arm part. On Friday night, Kristin came over and Grace just almost made it over. Then on Saturday, I laid her on the ottoman and had a funny feeling she was going over. It only took her about three minutes from start to roll over completion; she took her sweet time and stoppped about four times in the middle of the process to eat her fist and try to talk to me. So funny.


She also had rice cereal for the first time on Thursday. Babies eating from a spoon for the first time are too much! We have had such a blast. I don't think she loves it anymore than she loves the spoon, but we are going to add a little fruit to it later this week. I can't believe she is already old enough to be trying solids. Time just flies.



Grace looked like such a pumpkin on Sunday. She did great in the nursery; she only fussed for a little bit when she was waiting before big service for me to feed her. And mom didn't fuss at all, for those of you wondering. I had a MUCH easier time this week.



5 comments:

Kelli Archer said...

She has the most adorable smile! It is so much fun every time they start doing something new!

Mike and Emily said...

precious ashley!!!! We haven't started the rice cereal yet. I'm waiting until 6 months "just in case". yes, i'm a worried mom. ha! I love the story of her looking at you and talking whlie she tries to roll. Super cute! Bella does the same thing so it makes me laugh reading your blog!

Alisa Palmer said...

that picture third from the bottom is TOPS! :)

Vicki said...

Grace is just beautiful! I love all of her smiling pictures! I also love to hear another mother so in awe of her girl like I am!

Libby said...

Seriously, cutest thing ever!!