Friday, April 10, 2009

almost five months


Oh my precious Grace,
I can’t believe you are almost five months old. Everyone told me it would, and they are right; time has absolutely flown by. Part of me would jump at the chance to keep you right where you are, but I watch bitter sweetly as you grow, and I am filled with such awe and pride as I watch you change right before my eyes. You are a beautiful baby, with a smile that can light up my whole world, a bit of sass, and the bluest eyes I have ever seen. I love our time together. The quiet moments at night when I rock you to sleep, while your eyes flutter and you chase bunnies in your dreams. The precious look of complete peace right after I nurse you. All of the smiles and laughter we share throughout the day. The way you try to talk and sing to me in the morning when I change you. Your big eyes as you soak in God’s world. I love you, Grace. You will always hold the most special place in my heart, because you made me a mommy. My prayer for you is simple: I want you to love the Lord with all your heart and I pray that your daddy and I will always point you toward Him. You are my little angel and I love you.
Love,
Mama

3 comments:

Alisa Palmer said...

I <3 this. made me tear up - a great one for the books

kristen lewis said...

This would be the second time today that you have made me cry. Thanks.

Vicki said...

I am extra sentimental today. My baby girl will be 3 tomorrow, so yes this beautiful blog made me cry. You both have been blessed, and ARE a blessing to that baby girl!