Thursday, March 19, 2009

to market, to market...

I was in Dallas last week for market, and man, I am happy to be home. Twice a year Beth and I fly to Dallas for four days and wear holes in the bottom of our high heels walking thru market center. Initially, we thought Grace would just trek along with us, but after finding out that they don't allow strollers in the building and thinking thru how difficult it would be to keep a four month old entertained during endless, mind-numbing appointments we decided against taking her. And then Dan had a brilliant plan for me to drive with Grace instead of trying to fly with her and all of her stuff. So my mom flew in Wednesday morning and drove to Dallas with us and watched her while I was at market. (Let me just say that using a hand pump in the handicap stall twice a day is another blog post in and of itself.) I was fairly disappointed in most of what I saw. I think with the economy, lines are really dropping in quantity, so there is much less for me to choose from. I did manage to find a few things for the store that are ADORABLE and I can't wait to get them! Can you tell I'm really into expanding the baby girl department of the store???? Maternity, nursing bras, and baby seems to be keeping up with the rest of store quite nicely so I will keep investing in it as long as I can. Oh, and all the nursing mothers out there reading? (all three of you!) I just ordered a hands free pumping bra so now we can pump and blog with ease!!
Here is a preview of some things I ordered:

cute baby not included



this is all of the cutesy stuff Grace wore in her three month pics and I knew I had to find it for the store!



I will spare you all pics of the lingerie and bras I ordered.

2 comments:

jarcarhar said...

I cannot wait to come in and buy your out (or have Jared buy you out!) of all the new nursing stuff! How's that for an exciting shopping trip!?

kristen lewis said...

I have one of those hands free bras and ADORE it! I use it all the time at work and talk on the phone and email while I pump. Good times.