Sunday, March 22, 2009

the five things I love best about Grace

1. When I pick her up in the morning out of her crib, she lifts her hands up above her head, puts her lip out, and sticks her bottom out to stretch. Then she toots at least twice. Who am I kidding? The child breaks wind, much like a grown man. So funny.
2. She already has sass. She will watch me while I sing and dance in front of her and make silly faces and then turn her head to the side and yawn. Like she's seen more interesting things than me in her short time on earth! Or she will smile and throw back her head to laugh at us. And she raises one eyebrow when she doesn't know what's going on. Who knew a four month old could have such a big personality.
3. I love listening to her "talk." She will contort her mouth and grunt and raise her eyebrows to try to get her point across. Don't you wonder what babies think?
4. When I lay her up on my shoulder at night, she rubs her hand on my arm as if to say thanks, mom. melts me!
5. I love the old man patch of hair she has in the back. She doesn't have much hair up top, but she has needed a haircut for the back since the day she was born. When she sleeps it gets all matted up and she gets a cowlick. I love it.

Trying to say something important, I am sure



hanging at work with mom

4 comments:

Jennifer-Colley said...

okay...lets for real set a date to get together. I want our little ones to meet!!! my email is on my blog!!! email sometime soon!

The Reeds said...

She's so precious! And who doesn't love sass??!

Alisa Palmer said...

love love love love love the bunny ears. gotta come see that kid!

Libby said...

Isn't it fun to see all the ways that children change our lives? The passing gas cracked me up...love, love, love all the hair bows! You're a girl after my Mom's heart:)