Thursday, March 19, 2009

four months (well, last week)

I am a bad blogging mother and did not post pictures/updates of my child on her four month birthday. We were driving to market (see post below) and I did not have time! She is so precious and such a joy. A few updates:
She still won't roll over. Forget it, not happening. I roll her over myself, but I don't think that counts. She still hates tummy time which is probably why she won't roll over. I put her on her tummy thinking she will get mad enough and figure it out, but it doesn't happen. Oh well. They grow up too fast anyway.
She "talks" pretty constantly. Too cute. She also LOVES to stand. She hates sitting down anymore. I know all moms think their baby is advanced, but she has been standing like this since three months! Seems advanced to me. If your baby has been doing it since birth, don't share. Just let me think my baby is awesome! Here is a quick video.

Her four month appointment isn't until april 1st, so I don't have height and weight measurements yet. She is getting big though. Dan and I took turns weighing with and without her and she weighs somewhere between 15 1/2 and 16 pounds depending on who is holding her. We will see when we get on the official scale at the dr.'s office! She sure seems big!
Dan calls her slobber monster. She drools constantly and must have her finger/hand/or hands in her mouth at all times. Yes, I still hate drool. It isn't getting any cuter, but who knows? Maybe I will grow to love having my shoulder constantly soaked in a pool of baby wetness.
We had a "play date" with kristen and little evyn. It was so cute to see the two of them side by side since they are three weeks apart. Evyn was rolling over and I thought Grace might get competitive and start trying out of sheer jealousy but she seemed content to just lay there on her back and drool!


2 comments:

Mike and Emily said...

I am LOVING LOVING this post! I loved the video. Bella looks and does nearly exactly the same things! yay! Our babies are ok! (Sometimes, do you think "am I doing this right?") So, you're encouraging! She is precious, Ashley!

kristen lewis said...

Oh my goodness, she is adorable! I love the white hat with the green bow!

We had SO much fun with you guys. I left and felt a little like I talked way too much, but I enjoyed every minute. And don't worry, Evyn was only rolling over to try to steal Grace's shoes! Love you! :)