Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Settling In...



Ahhhh, motherhood. I am having such a blast. Grace is a wonderful baby and we feel so blessed to have such a sweet little girl that sleeps through the night and most of the day! Breastfeeding was definitely not a fun experience in the hospital but has become so much easier since being home and I love that time I have with her. Mom left on Monday morning and Beth has been staying with us the last three nights. I don't know what I would do without all of the help. I knew it would be difficult having a c-section, but I didn't realize how dependent I would be on other people. I feel like every five seconds I have to ask for something and I hate not being able to take care of myself! But again, I am grateful for the help and feel blessed to have people that love me here taking care of me.
One of my favorite things is watching Danny with her. I knew he would love her and be a good daddy, but I didn't realize how sweet and amzing he would be with her. He takes great care of her and loves to hold her- melt my heart everytime I see them together!


I was ready for how hard and exhausting motherhood would be, but not for how much fun it is!! I love to sit and look at her, and I hate putting her down. I would rock in the rocker and hold her all day if I could! Thank you for all of the sweet comments and advice!

8 comments:

Jennifer-Colley said...

my favorite part was watching Coby being a daddy to Camren! Such a sweet sight to see! I am so happy for you!

Valencias said...

It really is so much fun. Thank you for sharing. I love reading it and seeing the pictrues of your sweet family.

kristen lewis said...

You are such a natural mommy. You bless my heart and I am thankful for your friendship!

Matt and Rebekah said...

Oh my goodness! She is absolutely beautiful. See, now you know why all of us who have been through the rollercoaster of pregnancy decide to do it all over again! Congratulations! She's so perfect!

Anonymous said...

i'm dying!!! i want to hold her so bad. i'm calling you soon...have some strange, possibly really good news. love you!

Jennifer said...

Congratulations! I don't know if you remember me, I was in an Apples of Gold class with which you, Wendy, and Latrice helped. I stumbled onto your blog through a friend of a friend. I just wanted to tell you congrat and your daughter is beautiful!!!! Tell Beth I said "Hi".

Holly said...

Congrats Ashley. She is adorable. You are right, you could never prepare for how much fun motherhood is. There isn't enough time in the day to soak in all the love. Hope your recovery is speedy!

Unknown said...

You two are already great parents (is that weird to hear yourself say?) and you have a beautiful little girl. It was fun to meet her!