Monday, November 10, 2008

Insomnia

Oh my, what I wouldn't give for some rest! I have tried several things to cure my insomnia, but so far, nothing has worked. Blogging, tv, relaxation techniques, reading (have you ever tried reading Leviticus at 2 in the morning?), praying, trying not to focus on Danny's deep sleep snoring... Isn't it a funny concept knowing that in less than a week we will have a newborn and rest will be a thing of the past? I have been praying a lot for Grace, for Dan, for the new family we are about to become. When I can't sleep I try to imagine what she will be like, her personality, her smile, what it will feel like to hold her for the first time. I absolutely cannot wait and I am sure all of these thoughts are not helping me fall asleep. If you have any insomnia cures, please share. I have so few nights left of uninterrupted sleep and I would love to enjoy them!!

3 comments:

kristen lewis said...

I was so right there with you for the last two months of my pregnancy. It is bizarre that I have gotten more sleep in the two weeks that she has been here than the two months before she came. Hang in there. You are days away. . .

Alisa Palmer said...

not anymore my friend :D

cofields said...

Hi friend...I was hoping we would get to see you guys this weekend when we were in lubbock...but we found out you were getting induced on Friday! I can't wait to see pics...I know she is beautiful...keep in touch!