Friday, November 7, 2008

The pregnancy journey

We found out we were pregnant on march 12th. I went to bed that night knowing I was pregnant, even though we had to wait til the next morning to confirm it. What a morning. We had such a blast telling all of our friends and family. The next 8 weeks were pretty rough, with the nausea and cramping. I was so scared we were going to lose her and could not wait to be out of the first trimester. We also moved into our new house (which is a ton of fun when you feel like you want to puke into each box you unpack.) I was lucky to start showing very early on, so I didn't have to spend a lot of time in the weird pudgy phase where nothing fits and people are afraid to ask if you're pregnant.

(16 weeks)
My dear friend Alisa started documenting the pregnancy each month and I love having those pictures to see how much my body changed each month.

almost 5 months
I was able to take most of the summer off, working only about 20 hours a week at most, which was fabulous. It was good to see that the store could survive without me living there all day everyday and good practice for the girls to take on more responsibility so that I can stay home with grace the first two months after she is born. The last three months have been full of baby showers, countdowns, dr.'s appointments, and getting ready for little miss to get here.

almost 6 months

almost 7 months
I have just lately begun to feel miserable and have tried everything short of cod-liver oil to get this baby to come out of me! I understand now why God makes pregnancy 9 months. The first 8 I was so nervous about having her and now I am ready to take her out myself and the least of my worries are about delivery!

8 1/2 months
I cannot believe we are a week away from having a baby. The excitement, responsibility, and anxiety are absolutely overwhelming at times. I love being pregnant, but I am SOOO ready to meet our sweet little girl and hold her in my arms.

1 comment:

Alisa Palmer said...

wow. i can't believe it either - i'm so excited for what's ahead! don't drink cod liver oil till after this weekend pleeeeeease :)