Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Grace has arrived!!

Grace was born Tuesday, November 11th at 11:04 pm. I went back to the hospital about 8:30 that night thinking I was having another false alarm but my water broke on its' own and everything started moving quick right after that! Because I was only dialated to a one and I needed to have her relatively soon because of risk of infection we decided to go through with the c-section we had planned for friday. We called Tom and Beth about 10:05 and the dr. got there about 10 minutes later. Alisa, our amazing photographer and friend was there within 15 minutes and actually beat all of the family there!


I didn't have time to be nervous, which was wonderful- it was all so fast and furious. After they got me all hooked up and into the OR, Dan came in and sat beside me. I felt a lot of weird tugging and pulling and 10 minutes later, I heard the most amazing sound in the world!!! Grace cried for the first time and I felt my heart leave my chest. It's funny, that is the exact thought I had at the moment- I will never have all of my heart again and I love how it feels. While I was in recovery, Dan wheeled Grace down to the nursery and showed our family.


Then they wheeled me out and I got to hold her in my arms for the first time. How AMAZING!!!! Friends try to explain to you the love you feel and how instant it is but no words can describe it. I remember looking at her and saying, "she's mine!!" What an angel!

We could not be happier and more proud. We promise to post more when we (ha!) get time. Thank you for all of your flowers, cards, emails, texts, and love you have sent. This is one lucky child to be surrounded by such amazing friends and family!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love her already!!! she's absolutely precious & i can not...i repeat, I CAN NOT wait to meet her. we love you guys. gracie baby, aunt traci loves you!!!

jesarbo said...

She is absolutely beautiful. Can't wait to meet her in person. Hope all is well with the new family.
Jessica Arbogast

Mike and Emily said...

She's just beautiful and looks like you! Sometimes babies lokok like monkeys when they first come out but your Grace is gorgeous!! Let me know if you have any questions or need anything. I think I have officially had more breakdowns and every possible emotion with this new mommyhood stuff. So, I understand! Love you!!

kristen lewis said...

I love her and your pictures completely made me tear up. I am so happy for you.

Alisa Palmer said...

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe

Kristen said...

Oh my goodness Ashley. She is amazing! I can't wait to meet Miss Gracie and hold her! Your post takes me back to almost a year ago and those feelings. I'll admit, I teared up reading this. We love you three! Enjoy every second. It goes by so fast!

Libby said...

Congratulations!! She's so beautiful...y'all are going to have the time of your lives:)

jarcarhar said...

I am welling...'va-klempt,' if you will! She is stunning and precious! So glad that all went well! We love y'all and can't wait to meet Miss Amazing Grace!

Jennifer-Colley said...

I am so happy for you guys! It is an amazing feeling holding your baby in your arms! Cant wait for our little ones to meet!

Patti said...

She is beautiful and so precious. I know what you mean about your heart leaving your chest. I've always heard that having a child is like having your heart outside your body walking around. And it so true. That's why moms are emotional and mother bears at the same time. I am so happy for you. How wonderful that she is so close to Bella's birthday. God bless, Patti (Bella's nana)

Valencias said...

She is beautiful and isn't it just amazing!! You right you can never truley understand that love till you have it. Having a child really is like having your heart walk around for the rest of your life. I am so happy for you and send my love!!