Thursday, May 14, 2009

six months, say what??!!??


Despite my efforts to keep her from doing so, Grace hit 6 months on Monday.
A few updates:
She had her shots yesterday and did beautifully. A small meltdown, but overall, just beautiful. She weighs 17.6 lbs. (75th%) and is 27 inches long (95th%). I am lovin' her long legs (they are losing a bit of the chunk), except that we have trouble fitting her into 6 month clothes because of the length.
She loves her feet and thinks they belong in her mouth at all times. The other day she slept thru her entire nap with her feet up in the air grabbing onto her heels. Good times.
She likes to grab both sides of my face and try to gum my nose. I guess it's a teething thing. I'm going to call them kisses and live in "my-child-is-so-advanced-and-practically-a-genius-what?-your-kid-does-that-too-I'll-pretend-I-didn't-hear-that" happy fantasy land.
She rolls over both ways, sits up on her own with very little wobbling, babbles da-da all the live-long day, and lives in a pretty constant state of happy. except...
I call Grace our zero to ten baby. She is one of the most laid-back, non-fussy, happy babies ever. But the last two months, we have noticed a pattern where when she gets upset/frustrated/scared she flat out loses it. I mean, off the richter scale loses it. Fine, happy, smiling to screaming her head off. There is no in between. It usually lasts a minute or two, and then all is well again. It's bizarre, but I try to think of her as passionate.
The Dr. said today that she has teeth about to break through. I didn't know teething was such a process and could take so long. It seems she has been going thru this for a good two months. Last night she ran 102 fever (I can only assume from the shots and/or teething) and it scared us half to death. Her tylenol kicked in quickly though, and she was down in the low 100's before bed.
She is still nursing, and I am still a milky mama. We are going to start carrots this week, and I have to admit, I am a little sad. I can't believe I love nursing as much as I do, but we have this rhythm and it's quick and easy and soooo convenient. I am excited about this new phase though, and am looking forward to dropping a feeding or two in the next few months. (I failed to mention in previous posts that we only did rice cereal for about three weeks. She did okay with it, but I did not. I am sure I sound crazy but I woke up one day and thought to myself, "why am I moving on so quickly to this next phase? She doesn't need it. The Dr. said it wouldn't replace a feeding. It's just for practice." So just like that, I decided to enjoy her last month of no solids and just nursing. And I did. Now onto the next phase.)
Enjoy the pics! We love you sweet girl!





7 comments:

Alisa Palmer said...

sweet pictures! are we still on for tomorrow? what time/where would you like to go?

jordan said...

what a sweet girl! I am going through the same thing with Sayla right now with the feeding. With Keadryn I was so eager to move on, but with Sayla I am feeling a little sad that nursing is being phased out, so we are taking our sweet time in the transition. Glad you love it so much, I do too!

kristen lewis said...

Sometimes I am surprised at how much I love nursing too. I love that it is something that only I can do for my baby. Well, I guess technically, you could nurse my baby, but you know what I mean.

Libby said...

Where does the time go, huh? It'll only get better from here, though...wait till she says she loves you, oh my goodness, it'll melt your heart. I smile, laugh, giggle more than I ever thought possible...enjoy every day! And btw, she's just adorable, that smile!!

Anonymous said...

i agree w/libby....it only gets better & better!!! they are just too much fun. :) love you guys!

The Reeds said...

You can get marbles for whatever you want! I think for reeces peanut butter cups especially... If you want to join in towards a 5 of 10k you can get marbles for that! (OR reeces peanut butter cups!)

Mike and Emily said...

I love Miss Little Thang in her sunglasses and hat! Too cute! ANd, I haven't even started Bella on solids yet. And, she's 7 months next week. She's doing just fine with my milkage (that's what I tell myself). We're starting solids today so I might have a breakdown in a couple of hours.