Saturday, May 23, 2009

my little rabbit

Tuesday night we had carrots for the first time. I say we, because it was my first night to taste baby food carrots second hand after my daughter sneezed them into my mouth. Being a parent is so humbling.
Grace is not a huge fan of carrots, but she is hanging in there (read: her mom won't give up and I am trying with all of my might to get carrots down her throat.) She seems to like the spoon, and if they are warm she takes them much better than if they are room temperature. (Already a bit high maintenance?) Dan tries to distract her and make her smile and since she smiles with her mouth wide open, it is the perfect time to sneak the spoon into her mouth.
We also tried bananas this morning; she seemed to like those better than carrots, but she still makes this really dramatic gagging face.



Don't let the smile fool you; she spit them out right after this.


She is so expressive and fun to be around. I have always loved her, but I am enjoying her on a whole new level lately. I love you pumpkin. Slow down, okay?

4 comments:

Jennifer-Colley said...

Hey girl! I was gonna tell you that Calvary does have openings for June and they also take babies during the year. Camren is signed up to go Monday- Thursday starting in August. Good talking with you the other day! Isn't t crazy they are eating food now??? I cant believe how fast they grow. Its says I am supposed to be giving Cam table food sometimes. I am sooo not ready for that! I will prb hold off for a bit!o

Alisa Palmer said...

love the carrot face. love that you fixed your header too btw! it's my FAVVVVVVVVVVV (i'm delirious from moving, can you tell?)

Mike and Emily said...

Mike's mom was in town and I was telling her how cute your Grace is. SO, I looked at your blog again. I love the carrot pics! And, the new header pic. precious!!!

TiffanyNorris said...

I'm so glad someone else out there has had a face full of baby food-Maggie started blowing through her lips which is precious until her lips are holding in a mouth full of chicken and carrots...neat. Anyhow, a bit of advice our Dr. gave us: pump and mix a bit of milk into her food. Then the food isn't so new tasting. It really helped peanut get started.