Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Grace's first Christmas

What an awesome gift we had this year on Christmas!! Grace is just amazing and we love her so much. She slept through all of the present opening, but it made me excited for the years to come when she can participate and get excited about all her gifts. Here are a few highlights from the holidays:
We spent four days at my mom's house in Dallas with my brothers and sister. Kyle and Nathan hadn't met Grace yet, so it was really special for them to see her. Kyle ADORES her and held her and oohed and ahhhed over her all weekend. It took Nate until Sunday night before he held her. Babies aren't his thing. When he found out I was pregnant he said, "Cool. Have her call me when she's three." So the fact that he held her was a big step. He even teared up! It was precious. She just laid there looking up at him and melted her Uncle Nathan's heart!



Aunt Amber and Mom took turns each night getting up with Grace and giving her a bottle! It was amazing! Four nights of uninterrupted sleep was the best present ever! Here is Auntie Amber holding Grace (and I should point out, wearing Grace's bow).

Dad and Yvonne came over Sunday night and took us out to eat. Here is Grace with her Pappy.

We spent Christmas Eve over at Nana and Papa's with Dan's grandparents. Christmas morning was a little rough because Grace didn't sleep well and I was sick with a sinus infection. Dan and I were exhausted, but we made it to Nana and Papa's to open presents about 2. She was a sweetheart and slept the rest of the day. Nana and Papa watched her Christmas night so I could sleep and try to get better and Dan and I could open our Christmas gifts to each other. It was a nice break, but Dan went and got her early the next morning and we spent the day hanging out in the basement watching movies. Wonderful.

No comments: