Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Introducing Miss Audrey Kate

Our sweet girl has arrived!

Miss Audrey Kate Sinclair

Born Tuesday, May 24th at 12:14 p.m.
7 lbs. 6 oz, 21 inches long
Long, beautiful eyelashes, squishy, perfect cheeks, big feet, and pure perfection 
We got to the hospital at 10:00 Tuesday morning anxious, nervous, and ready to meet our little pumpkin. It was so weird to walk in with our suitcase and tell the lady at the front desk that we were ready to check into our room and get ready for the noon c-section! I had an AMAZING nurse, Libby, who took great care of me and eased a lot of my fears. At 11:40 they wheeled me back to the OR (we made a pit stop to see Zach and Jenifer, who was scheduled as soon as I was finished!) and I said goodbye to everyone.


Once they got the spinal block in and got me ready, I finally got to see Dan. Everything moved so quickly after that and I tried to concentrate on Dan's face and the fact that we were about to meet our sweet baby girl. Then I heard an unfamiliar cry and felt the most immediate wave of relief roll over me. She was here! She didn't cry much when they cleaned her up and as I looked over I immediately noticed how tiny and squishy her face was and how different she looked and sounded from Grace.

 
Praise God, there were no complications, and I did not have to have any blood. I asked my doctor while I was on the table what she thought about the blood vessel issue and she said she could definitely see what was giving them cause for concern in my sonograms but did not have to get anywhere near it. She also said I had the least amount of blood loss of any patient she had seen in a long time. Can you believe it?! God is so good.
  My plan was to have Audrey brought with me to recovery so I could nurse her right away, but my anesthesiologist looked at me and said, "Sweetie, go rest. You've been through a lot." I was awake most of the time in recovery and even saw them wheel Jen into the OR and wished her luck! The only problem I had was regulating my temperature. I was sweating to death but for some reason my temp would not get above 95 so they couldn't release me. I got back to the room about 2:15 and finally got to hold my sweet baby girl!

3 comments:

Alisa Palmer said...

So are you going to rename this blog or what? Haha :)

Valencia's said...

She is beautiful! I am so happy for you. Congratulations again.

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO MEET HER!!!! Love you guys bunches.