Monday, May 2, 2011

Doctor Appointment Update part 3

I have amazing news!
I went to Dr. Atkinson last Monday because I was having terrible cramping and what I thought might be contractions. My Dr. wanted me to hook up to the monitor because she wanted to give me something to stop the contractions if I was having them. I was pretty uncomfortable and just knew something was wrong but of course the second they hooked me up all pain stopped. They even had to come in and buzz the baby when ten minutes before I thought she was going to poke a foot right through my belly. (Isn't that how it always works??) I only had a few mild contractions and "uterine irritability."
Since I was already there and my sonogram was scheduled for the next day they went ahead and checked me out. I 100% do not have placenta accreta like they were worried about! As a matter of fact, my placenta has moved up! I have not dilated and my cervix has not shortened from 5 weeks ago. The only issue was increased vascularity near the placenta, but they aren't concerned about it because they know about it ahead of the surgery and will be ready.
When I saw Dr. Owen on Thursday she was positively giddy. She showed me images from my sonogram 5 weeks ago and compared them to Monday and I believe her exact words were "This looks like a completely different person. Other than an increased blood pool, I have no concerns of an accreta." Praise God!
So I am still on the schedule for May 24th (3 weeks from tomorrow; are you kidding me?) and am counting down the days. Some days I feel ready but most days I am scared out of my mind and wish I had more time before her arrival. I am having a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions, still a lot of cramping, and have to stay down most days longer than I am up. I hate not feeling well and want to keep charging but this baby girl and my body seem to do best when I am not stressed and off my feet.
Dr. Owen wants me to stop working on Friday (I will be 36 weeks), stay off my feet, and keep stress to a minimum. She will be out of town the 12th-23rd so the goal is to keep this baby cooking until then.
Thank you for all of your prayers and concern. I am so grateful for the peace God gave me as I have truly not felt a lot of stress about the situation. We are almost there!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh thank God!!! such awesome news! love you.

Kristi said...

Such awesome news! Praying for you all the next 3 weeks.

The Reeds said...

Yay!! That's amazing!!!

Janae Igo said...

I can't wait to meet this precious miracle that the Lord has had His hand on from the beginning. He has truly protected you and your family. Praise Him!

Brigitte said...

Exciting news! Thanks for keeping us updated! Can't wait to see pictures of this little pumpkin.