Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Fourteen Months












Sweet girl, already 14 months old. Already two months since your one year birthday. I am continually shocked and amazed by how quickly you are changing and growing. Everyday seems to hold something new and I love all that you are doing right now.

You have added "ball" and "doos" (shoes) to your vocabulary. Sometimes I think you are saying "duck" but it's hard to tell. You also say "mo" for Elmo. You continually babble and you have a funny new tongue thing you do that your daddy thinks is hilarious.

A few weeks ago you found your nose and now you can point to your nose when we ask. You have a pretty good average, only pointing to your mouth or eyes about 25% of the time. When we say "Grace, can you..." you immediately point to your nose.

You still love to dance. Even when there's no music on and I sing to you, you start dancing. Lately, I can say "Get it girl!" and you really start grooving.

You are a bit cautious when it comes to other kids and trying new things. We went to the Science Spectrum last week and you were pretty timid at first about climbing and crawling everywhere. It takes you a minute to warm up and then you are off like a rocket. This is your last week in the baby room at church before you move into the toddler room. I am excited to see how you will do with big toys and big(ger) kids around you.

You are still into opening and closing everything, as well as taking things out and putting them back in their place. You especially love to help me "unpack" your diaper bag, open and close the entertainment center doors, put things in the VCR (I will explain to you one day what that old relic is), and play with the coffee table drawers. I find random things in funny places nearly everyday.

You are still sleeping 11-12 hours at night and your new funny thing is to play quietly in your crib and talk to yourself. If I listen close I can hear you whispering in the morning on the monitor for about 30 minutes before you start crying for me. It's almost like you know we're listening and don't want us to come and get you out so you whisper. So cute.

Your favorite things: Sesame Street, being "chased" around the house, your daddy coming home, your little piano and microphone toy, taking all of the diapers out of your basket on the changing table, graham crackers (and thanks to Brasher, saltines!), sitting in your daddy's lap, your hot pink squeaker shoes, books (especially your Elmo book), sleeping with your rabbit, puppy, and stuffed frogs.

Things you love to eat: crackers, grilled cheese and tomato sandwiches, quesadillas, vegetable soup, gerber meals, pancakes with bananas in them, yogurt, daddy's cereal, and my weight watchers meals.

We have officially weaned this month, and we both did pretty well. Only a few tears one night from me. She, however, cried quite a bit and stayed mad at me for about four days. She wanted nothing to do with me other than to claw at my chest and cry. Dan had to put her to bed for about a week, but she seems to have moved on quite nicely. When I took her from four to two feedings a day around 13 months, I just quit producing and she was only nursing 3-5 minutes each time. When she started biting me, I knew it was time. I wasn't quite ready, but was ready enough that I'm not too sad. Yay for normal brassieres without fold down clasps on them!

I say it every month, but your flair for the dramatic and sass seem to grow day by day. You sort of ooze personality and I am curious to see what will come out of your month when you really start talking. Yowza.

You also do this every night in your high chair when we feed you dinner. Not sure what to make of it, but it is funny!



Happy 14 months, baby girl.

5 comments:

Valencias said...

I can not believe how big she is!  Still a little cutie and a beauty though.

Alisa Palmer said...

that is the most hilarious video - precious as always!

TiffanyNorris said...

That video is hysterical! Even more hysterical that she does it nightly! What a doll.

Mike and Emily said...

Look at that sweet little thing! Way to go on weaning too...we are not there yet...maybe March!? =) I love the pictures of her in blue - beautiful color on her!

Kristen said...

Oh no! The teachers better watch out for our little love birds. They may find a cozy corner and smooch the morning away on Sundays! Ha!! Maybe he will take her out for a grilled cheese date one of these days. Gracie is so sweet. I love her faces!!