Monday, January 25, 2010

100th post- the year in review

In honor of my 100th post, I have decided to post my top 100 photos of Grace. I jest, I jest. Instead, I posted a review of the year. How quickly time does fly. I can't wait for the next 100 posts of your life, sweet girl.

January: 2 months old
You started sleeping from 11-6, which did my heart and mental stability good, started cooing and giggling, and I finally captured you smiling at your daddy on camera. I started back to work begrudgingly.



February: 3 months
Still hated tummy time, but fell in love with mirrors and Mr. Octopus, loved bouncing in the baby bjorn, and you began a six month teething process with pools of drool on your mouth at all times.



March: 4 months
You started grinning from ear to ear with the sweetest, drooliest smile I have ever seen, we all three survived pacifier bootcamp since you went on sleeping haitus from weeks 15-18, and you weighed 15 lbs, 15 oz. at your checkup.

April: 5 months
You fell in love with your stroller and would laugh and giggle every time we put you in it, you were dedicated at church on Easter Sunday, spent your first Sunday in the nursery, and you finally rolled over right before you turned five months. We started rice cereal for a week or so, but I was in denial that you were old enough to try solids so I took you back to solely nursing until your six month check-up.

May: 6 months
You had carrots and green beans for the first time, said "da-da", weighed 17.6 pounds and were 27 inches long at your checkup, started sucking on your toes and learning how to give "kisses", started sitting up on your own two weeks before you turned six months, and I had my first Mother's Day with you.

June: 7 months
We went swimming for the first time, daddy had his first Father's day, you took your first plane ride with me to Dallas and did beautifully, fell off the bed onto the hard floor and my heart nearly collapsed from the guilt, and started sitting in your high chair.


July: 8 months
You started leaning over the rail of your crib and daddy had to lower it, started crawling and pulling up on everything, went through a "hold-me-hold-me-don't-put-me-down-or-walk-out-of-the-room-or-I'll-start-screaming" phase that was a bit stressful, and I bought you a little pool that you absolutely loved.

August: 9 months
You weighed 18.2 pounds and were 30 inches at your nine month well check, started cruising along the furniture, you were a flower girl in Auntie Am's wedding, and your first tooth broke through.

September: 10 months
You got sick for the first time with a virus, finally said "mama", took your first long plane ride and met your cousins in Cleveland, started your first day of PDO, cut your second tooth, started clapping when we said "good girl!" and began feeding yourself.

October: 11 months
You started standing up on your own, found your rhythm and learned how to dance, fell in love with drinking from a straw, started sleeping 12 hours at night, and began developing quite a sassy personality.

November: one year!
You had your one year birthday on November 11th, enjoyed a fabulous party and first trip to the Science Spectrum, started walking, cut your third tooth, started speaking French, and weighed 18.14 and were 30.5 inches at your year check-up.

December: 13 months
You gave up on bottles completely, cut three more teeth, developed a love relationship with anything in the house you could open and close, started saying "uh-oh", "baby" and "dye-dye", enjoyed your second Christmas with presents o'plenty, and fell in love with Sesame Street and Elmo.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

What an amazing compilation of your precious baby!!! Made me cry - I can't believe how big she is!!! And let me tell you, the fact that she speaks French makes her the SMARTEST baby I know!!! Bui, bui!! :) (I am sitting here by myself cracking up!)

The Reeds said...

I didn't think this was possible... but she's even cuter in person!! I hope my baby is that happy and friendly!! It was really great to see you in person!!!

Mike and Emily said...

It was bittersweet for me to read this - because our girls are growing up side by side - so seeing your little one grow up was like watching mine. Bittersweet! This was a great post - I loved the comment about the teething that lasted 6 months.

Unknown said...

Absolutely Precious!