Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Happy almost Birthday, Gracie girl


Well, my sweet Grace, you turn one tomorrow. I asked you repeatedly to slow down again and again this year, but as with most things I ask you to do, you ignored me and decided to zip right on to your first birthday.
Time does fly, but sweet Grace, I have enjoyed every moment with you. The first nights home when you slept on my chest. The first time you smiled at me. Your first real bath. Our first road trip when we thought we left you at Subway but really just forgot to buckle you in. Your funny laugh. Watching baby Einstein nine hundred times. Taking you to the store and rocking you to sleep in my office. Watching you try and roll over for three weeks before you finally did it! Listening to you and your daddy talk to each other from the other room. Picking out all of your adorable outfits and matching bows. The way you smell when you get out of the bath. The first morning you were standing up in your crib, waiting for me with your arms open. Hearing you say "mama" for the first time. Watching you crawl and crying with you when you hurt yourself. The joy on your face when you learn something new. The way you looked up at me the night you were born and I instantly fell in love.


You are growing beautifully and wonderfully and I thank God for your sweet spirit, contagious laugh, funny personality, and open mouth, slobbery kisses.
My sweet girl, I hope one day I can describe the depth of love I have for you. I hope one day I can show you how proud I am of you and how proud I am to be your mommy.

I love you baby girl. Happy 1st Birthday.

9 comments:

Alisa Palmer said...

I'm so excited to see her tomorrow - I feel so privileged that I was there that night. Happy Birthday Beautiful Grace!

The Minz said...

So Sweet! Happy Birthday to you Miss Grace! Milk it for all its worth!

Mike and Emily said...

Uhm, so I am a sob-story reading this post! I should not have read it at work. Just precious and I can completely identify with the bittersweet ache of memories and love! Love both of you.

TiffanyNorris said...

Happy Birthday sweet Grace. Ashley, happy anniversary on becoming a Mommy! Many years of happy memories to come~

The Barnes Bunch said...

It goes by so fast! Your Grace is so precious. I hope she has a very happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

crying....thanks.

The Reeds said...

So sweet...

Vicki said...

That made me cry (good tears of course) and go grab my girl and give her a big hug!

Brigitte said...

What a sweet, sweet post! Isn't it amazing how quickly that first year flies?! You are one super-mommy!