Thursday, August 6, 2009

Nine Months and a New Tooth

We have a tooth people! Let's get excited! It broke through yesterday morning and I noticed it at breakfast.
I don't have a picture yet; G is not keen on the idea of opening her mouth so that I can take a picture, but trust me, it's there. And thanks for the tupperware lid idea, Em! It worked wonderfully!
She has been such a joy this month, despite the teething and sleepless nights. (Last night was super fun- up every hour from midnight until 7. Good times.)
A few pics and updates:

Getting super long and losing her chunkiness. She doesn't look as squishy and baby-ish anymore. Insert sad mama face here.
She loves to eat solids, but on her terms. The high chair must be in front of the barnyard baby einstein and she fights and fusses if we put her at the table. I suppose her father and I are not as interesting as hand puppets and children dressed up in awkward animal costumes but whatever works, I guess. She is still on fruits and veggies only, but I hear the Dr. is about to start her on meats, oh my! She thinks that whatever we are eating is for her too, so I hope I am not breaking any baby rules by feeding her from the table. So far this month: string cheese, oatmeal, milk from Dan's cereal bowl, french fry, pickles, and a tortilla. She is a milk girl though, and is still eating 5-6 times a day.
Her favorite, the cow. Notice how she is sitting up and grabbing the table. She LOVES that thing. She squeals and squirms and holds her breath when he comes on!
She is crawling EVERYWHERE, including underneath our leopard ottoman. She gets under there and then tries to sit up and gets so frustrated. I am a mean mommy for running to grab the camera, but it was too funny. She could not figure out how to get back out from underneath it and was unimpressed by my attempts to teach her a problem solving lesson.


She has been such a mamas girl lately, but she still has strong feelings for her daddy, as evidenced by this picture.

Playing outside in the pool with cousin brooke. Grace can only hope to have such a head full of hair one day!
She is a little ham when the camera comes out.
She plays with everything but her toys. They hold her interest for a few minutes and then she wants whatever is around; my make-up bag holds particular interest for her, the remotes, books, lotion bottles, cups, etc...
We see the Dr. on the 28th so I don't have height and weight stats yet, but I am excited to see how much she has grown. Alisa is taking her 9 month pictures tonight, so those will be up soon!

4 comments:

Vicki said...

She is SUCH a cutie pie! I just love her expressions! Growing up so fast IS bittersweet, isn't it!?

Brigitte said...

She is so beautiful!! Sorry about the teething. I'm with you on the sleepless nights. Trinity is cutting another tooth and was awake from 12:30-3 last night. I feel like I did when I had a newborn! Can't wait to see Grace's 9 month pictures!

Kristen said...

Miss Grace is just about the cutest little girl around!

Deena Girdner said...

Yay! She got a tooth!!!
I hope all of them don't take so long to come out :)

Can't wait to see you guys again at the wedding, maybe Grace will be a little more open to having her cousin Deena hold her this time!

See you soon -- Love you!