Thursday, August 6, 2009

dallas trip

We had a lot of fun in Dallas this weekend spending time with my family and helping with three of Amber's showers. I cannot believe the wedding is in two weeks! Grace did fabulous flying and we even flew by ourselves like big girls! I was so lucky on the way to Dallas; Judy Gerlt from church was on the same flight so she sat beside us and helped me entertain my not tired, wanting to crawl everywhere baby. She even held up the blanket so I could nurse her during take off! Even if they aren't yours, grandmothers are wonderful!!! The way back was pain free as we were able to take the entire back row and she ate and slept the whole way home. I am so grateful she makes flying easy on me!
We spent a lot of time with family and friends and even though Grace was off her schedule, she did pretty well.

Playing with Zach and Kaitlyn, the kids Amber is a nanny for. They love Grace and ask Amber when they get to see her all the time!





Our motley crew. Nate just had knee surgery and had to spend the weekend in bed, Kyle had an upper respiratory infection, Amber is still fighting a six month stint of mono, and I was exhausted from all of the tom-foolery we got into at her bachelorette party on Friday night.
Shower at my Aunts house on Saturday. We don't look too awful for falling asleep somewhere around 4 the morning before!
Shower on Sunday afternoon. She got so many great gifts and should be set up very well in their new house!
Hanging with mimi. Aren't grandmothers the best? What would we do without them? I love you mom, thanks again for all of your help.
We are driving to Dallas next Wednesday for market and staying the week before the wedding. G's 9 month pictures and updates are soon to follow- I am sure you are all holding your breath in anticipation!

5 comments:

Laura said...

Where did you get that strawberry outfit? It is so cute!

Sarah said...

I know Judy Gerlt! I kind of work with her, and she is wonderful! Grace is adorable. I love the leopard outfit! Where did you get it?

ashley said...

both of you are asking about outfits I buy from the sample sales at market. the leopard is my vintage baby and the strawberry is called rosie posie.

Brigitte said...

You are one busy woman! Always glad to see pictures of your sweet Grace. I'm glad Mom was on the flight. I know I'm biased, but I think she's pretty fabulous.

I read on fb where you have been a little sick...hope you can get well and rested in time for the big wedding! Take care.

Anonymous said...

what???!!! amber's getting married? congrats to her!