Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentine Week with the Sinclair's

Most people may not think twice about it, but the second week of February is an exciting one for the Sinclair household. Owning a lingerie store makes for a VERY busy Valentine week and this year was even more busy with Miss Priss in our lives. Because the store does about 75% of its monthly sales in three days, I had to switch over to business owner mode and really focus my attention on the store. It was difficult to be away from Grace but for the first time I was able to be at the store all day and enjoy a huge part of my life that I have put on the back burner for awhile.
Here are some highlights of the week:
1. Dan's birthday was on Wednesday. Don't worry babe, you don't look a day over 28. Grace stayed with nana and papa while we went to Cagle's. Hooray for dates and steak and that awesome cornbread on the salad bar!
2. Grace turned 3 months on Wednesday. Attn time: slow down. please. Here are Dan and Grace on their birthdays!


3. Dan has been printing recipes off of this light cooking website for me to cook. (Funny, none of the recipes call for cream of chicken.) So Thursday night I tried a new recipe for him while he bounced Grace around in the baby bjorn and helped stir the meat. No problem until Grace decided to explode in her diaper. What they don't tell you about in the instructions is that when a baby poops in said bjorn, it has nowhere to go, thus sending the mess up onto your daughter's adorable onesie. Scissors were involved. Scissors. And yes, on top of all her turmoil, she threw up. Fun times.





4. My shop had the highest sales ever on Friday since the opening of the store in 2005!
5. Probably corralating with number four, the AJ ran a great article about the store on the front page of the Local section and we got several new customers! http://www.lubbockonline.com/stories/021309/loc_387448169.shtml
6. Valentine's Day was a little slow in the morning but picked up in the afternoon. We ended up with the same sales as last year for the 13th and 14th. This is awesome considering the economy and drop in retail sales from last year.
7. Valentine's night was a bit uneventful, as it has been the last four years. I was exhausted from the week but when I came in, Dan left two sets of roses on the counter- one for me and one for Grace. He also wrote me the sweetest letter and bought me a can opener! (Before you gasp, I asked for one!) He is such a sweetie!
So forgive me if I didn't return your email, text, voicemail... I will play catch up this week, I promise! Hope everyone had a great and romantic weekend!

4 comments:

The Minz said...

I cant believe you posted a picture of her poo! How funny! I love it!

kristen lewis said...

You are amazing to balance everything and do it so well. That poo picture has me rolling! Evyn pooped on the changing table the other day- I think just to keep it real! At least they are both insanely cute!

Alisa Palmer said...

Am horrified by poo pic.

The story in the paper was awesome! Way to go!

Completely cool that you made record sales on Friday! That's so exciting! You are still a super-business woman!

Funny that you got a can opener for Vday - I got one in my stocking, haha.

Yay for new recipes. I hope none of the poo explosion got in the pasta.

the word verification is "dishes" it just rarely spells anything

jordan said...

yay! you have a blog...and your daughter is beautiful!