Monday, February 9, 2009

9 gray hairs

I am unnerved by my latest post-pregnancy finding. A patch of nine gray hairs has decided to take root in my scalp, serving as a constant reminder of how much my body has changed since Grace arrived. I got a hair cut last Thursday and pointed out the said patch to Adrienne. She said that it was totally normal and she has seen all kinds of weird things happen to a woman's hair after pregnancy. That fact doesn't make me feel better one bit, however. You see, I have had my fair share of dealings with gray hair. Actually, one in particular has been a source of contention for me and my scalp for years. I have this random hair that seems to sprout overnight right in the front of my scalp and is most undoubtedly gray. I pluck it, it stays away for awhile, then shoots out again at the most inconvenient times. The point is, I can deal with one rogue hair and its unruly agenda. But nine hairs? Ridiculous. Did this happen to anyone else?

3 comments:

Vicki said...

Mine has gotten a ton darker since Brooke was born and has always been board straight, but is getting some funky wave to it now that I never had before pregnancy. I haven't learned to control it when the back is the only part that curls!!

Anonymous said...

yes!!! same thing happened to me...i have a patch of gray hairs and i too do not like it! and it seems as though the patch is slowing spreading...by summer, it may be time for me to do some highlighting to cover it. but take heart dear friend, we are nearing 30 ya know. :) love you! oh, and i absolutely love the new pics of gracie baby...especially the one where she is cutting her eyes. miss you!

The Nolands said...

YES! Mine was board straight growing up and apparently MacKenna had a lot of curls to share so I'm having to relearn how to fix my newly curly/wavy hair as an adult.