Saturday, October 8, 2011

Out of the mouths of babes...


Grace, I want you to know how much laughter you bring to our house. You say the funniest things and every day have your dad and me laughing and wondering, "Where does she come up with this stuff?" 
A few of our favorite things you have said over the last several months:


"Mommy, can you turn the sun off, please? It's too bright, I can't see in my eyes."


One morning when you put your shoes on by yourself I called you my "biggest girl." About 45 minutes later you said, "Mama, I'm not your big squirrel. I'm just not." It's become a joke now and I call you my big squirrel all the time.


We pulled up to get ice cream and you shouted, "We're home!"  


We were at Subway one night walking back to the car and you heard the guy at the drive thru ask "What would you like to drink with that? You promptly replied, "I need a macchiato!"


One night it rained really hard and you woke up scared and came in our bed. I was playing with your hair and you said, "It's okay, mommy, I don't be scared. It's just big, loud rain."


Ever since your Daddy took you to the Father/Daughter date night at Chik-fil-a you say you want to go on a "gate" with Daddy. 


You say, "Oh, I'm sorry" at least five times a day. 


You love Toy story and say funny things like, "I'm gonna be a hee-haw cowgirl!" and "I'm just hee-hawin with Jessie!" 


It may have something to do with all the Fancy Nancy books we read to you but you use words like fantastic, awesome, and just wonderful.  


About a week ago you told me, "But mommy, I don't just want to be so adorable today."


‎"Gracie, can you please be my happy girl and stop crying?" 
"No, mommy. I can't. I'm just freaking out."


‎"Grace, that was unnecessary!" to which you replied, "Mama, I'm not Misses Hairy! Don't call me that!"


You saw the picture of me in my wedding dress on Dan's nightstand and gasped, "Mommy, did you go to the ball? Are you a real princess?" 

No comments: