Friday, March 4, 2011

Mexico Trip

Ready for some serious catching up?
We took an awesome family vacation in OCTOBER to Cancun. (I told you it was serious catch up!) We spent the week at an all inclusive resort and because we were there two weeks after hurricane season (it only rained one morning we were there) the resort was at 15% capacity and we had the entire place to ourselves! To say it was amazing and relaxing would be an understatement. Grace had such a blast playing in the sand, catching "gworms" with Papa, chasing the seagulls, entertaining the staff, swimming, and eating ice cream.
I will let the pictures and captions tell the rest of the story!


I found out three weeks before the trip that I was pregnant. All the food was a bit lost on me. I alternated between nausea and cramping most of the week but enjoyed it as much as any seven week pregnant woman would!

She loved making sand castles with Papa




She was not particularly fond of the ocean but as long as someone was holding her she was okay. She would shout, "big wabes!" over and over.











We seriously had the pool entirely to ourselves until the last day. It was almost eerie how empty it was!
The pool had these designs in the tiles that Grace would call "wheels." She asked all day long if she could go "pway wif da wheels!"
We ate at several different restaurants, all five star quality. We had to make very early dinner reservations to make sure the princess was in a happy mood and not too close to bedtime. The staff treated her like a princess and their first question was always what they could do to make her more comfortable and happy. It was amazing.








We may or may not have put our child's crib in the bathroom every night. It was so bright in our room and we didn't particularly want to go to bed by 9 each night so she spent the weeknights close to the bathtub!



This was our view from the room

One morning we forgot to change her into a swim diaper before she got in the pool and this was the end result.

2 comments:

The Reeds said...

I don't even have a baby yet but I want an ebook!

Fairies and unicorns.. yes... That's for me!

And Cancun. Who knew? It's like skiing in the Alps over Christmas. Time. To. Go. No one there and cheap, and slopes to yourself.

Hmmm... I'm thinking we need a trip soon. October.. hmmm..

And as soon as I know about showers I'll let you go. If you'll do coffee punch I'd come and sit alone in your garage. :)

Anonymous said...

sounds like such a blast! that's awesome that you had the place to yourselves! great pics. i miss you guys a ton.