Friday, March 18, 2011

As of late...

Wow, the last several weeks have been crazy. We have an official potty trained two year old in our house and if I am being perfectly honest, I never thought diapers were all that bad. It's probably because I am seven months pregnant and tired of all the up and down potty trips (she has penchant for taking what would be one big potty trip and dividing it into seven) but I am proud and she is proud and her daddy is most certainly proud.

Our life seems to be most easily described in pictures, so here's what you have been up to, pumpkin:

The week we started potty training you woke up every night at least 2 or 3 times to tell us you had to go potty. One such morning at 3 am you realized you were hungry and had to go to the bathroom so we had a bagel and banana snack. It kind of worked out because I am always starving in the middle of the night. 
After several stressful weeks at the store (which, unfortunately, is not getting any less stressful) I took a Friday off that I was supposed to work and hung out with you and Nana all day. We had so much fun running around town shopping and buying you girls matching dresses for church (sqqquuuueeeeallllll)! That morning before we left we had a blast trying on several of your new outfits we bought  for spring. I believe my exact words after this picture were, "I need girls in my life. This is too much fun."
A few of my favorite things you are saying these days:

"Oh sweetie, I'm sorry. You okay, honey?" as you rub my back.
"Well hello there!"
"Mama, thank you so, so, so, so much. You're welcome, honey!"
When you wake up in the morning and your eyes have been tearing up from allergies you say, "Oh mama, my eyes are just terrible. I need a tissue."

You had so much fun riding in the fire truck when we went shopping at the mall. You kept saying, "I'm so high! This is just awesome!"
We bought you a Disney princess bed and matching toy chest to put in the guest bedroom. The plan is to move the baby into your nursery and move you to the guest bedroom for a short time until you girls can share a room. Then I think we may go nuts with a princess themed room complete with full wall mural. I can hardly stand it I'm so excited!

This is your favorite chair that you sit in while you watch Toy Story. You usually sit with one fist under your chin and your legs crossed just like this.
Mimi bought you Toy Story and we have watched it at least once a day for three weeks. You love to say, "To infinity and beyond! There's a snake in my boots! Way to go, Idaho! and Buzz Lightyear to the rescue!" You also asked me for a Buzz Lightyear backpack. You sit for the entire 79 minutes of the movie and watch every second of it. It cracks me up.
You still have the cheesiest smile ever when I ask you to smile but I love it.
We spend nearly every day laughing so hard and saying, "She is so cute!" at least five times a day. You have the funniest personality and love to make us laugh. We are so blessed to have you, sweet pumpkin!

No comments: