Monday, November 15, 2010

I don't want to forget...

I have had an incredibly long and very full day. I spent the morning at doctors appointments, a sonogram, and bloodwork then booked it to the Civic Center to start set up for Holiday Happening. I got home about a half hour ago and wanted to put Grace to bed but she wanted daddy to "rocky" her to sleep so I obliged. I couldn't take not holding her so I cut in and proceeded to have the most precious conversation with my daughter that went something like this:

"Grace, who are you holding?" I whispered.

"My Elmo. Him's red. Red Shirt. Super Grover," she whispered back. We went back and forth with the whispering for the next ten minutes.

"Did you have fun at PDO today?"

"Friends. Zayden and da fish. No pushin' friends. Share friends. Pwayin' on da slide. No pushin' friends."

"Did you feed the fish today?"

"Yes. Pwayin' wiff da fish. Silly fish. Them's silly fish."

"Did you play with Mrs. Kerry? (Her teacher).

"No." (Oh, well okay!)

"Did you have fun with Daddy tonight?"

"Daddy and Gwacie pwayin' the dwums to-gev-er. Fun drums. Daddy fixin po-da-do. (Mr. Potato Head). Big nose, mus-ash, Daddy fix-in him."

"Did you color with Daddy in your coloring book?"

Daddy color orange. Gwacie pink and bah-wound. Daddy color turkeys orange and Super Grover orange. Daddy loves Gwacie."

"Daddy sure does love Gracie. Who else loves Gracie?"

"Aunt Cher-Cher loves Gwacie. Nana loves Gwacie. Papa at work. Papa in truck. Papa loves Gwacie. Mimi go night-night. Mimi in Dallas. Mimi loves Gwacie."

"And Mommy loves Gracie so much."

"Yes. Mommy loves Gwacie."

Yes. Yes. Yes. Mommy loves Gracie.
I think God gives me these moments with her to remind me of His goodness and how deep His love is for me. I could have sat there for hours rocking her and listening to every word she said. I smiled the whole time, thinking "Am I really so lucky to be this little girl's mom?" She makes the long days worth it and I pray when she is older she will still sit with me before bed and tell me everything that is on her mind. I pray I have the patience and understanding to just listen and love, just as God does with me.

I love you so much, Gracie girl. Sleep tight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So precious & priceless. I absolutely love sweet mommy times like that! That Gracie sure is talking a lot now - big girl carrying on a conversation!

Vicki said...

LOVE the blog, love the conversations we are so blessed to have with our little girls! It never gets old!!

Congrats to you guys!