Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The pits

I cannot think of much worse than your baby being sick. I used to have little sympathy for people who casually threw around the phrase, "my baby is sick." not so anymore. for the first time in ten months, "my baby was sick," and I threw around the phase expecting everyone to understand exactly how worried and concerned and preoccupied I was.
Grace ran high fever all weekend, getting up over 103, and was the most pathetic, lethargic, sad little baby I have seen. she didn't even feel good enough to grab for the remotes or my cell phone. she had a flu test which was negative, and the dr. determined she had a virus. we are back in the land of the living now and life is continuing as normal, which is wonderful news for this worried mama.

sick and tired of being sick.
well, maybe a little smile wouldn't hurt. it's not like I'm eating or anything...

we took a little walk on Sunday, at the advice of friends who told us to get her out in some fresh air. even in sickness, we must be fabulous.

thank you for the calls and texts and messages to check on her. I will always remember how hard it is to have a sick baby and respond to "my baby is sick" with much more empathy in the future! (on a completely unrelated side note, one should only wear white t-shirts when one's teeth are white and not a shade slightly darker than mother-of-pearl. once upon a time, one had the time and energy to put forth the effort to use crest whitestrips).

6 comments:

Alisa Palmer said...

just stop using bleach on your whites and eventually they'll match up again :)

sorry your baby was sick. I'm glad to hear things are better - I would imagine the worst part of baby being sick would be that she can't tell you exactly what hurts. glad you are back to normal!

Vicki said...

I am glad to hear Grace is better! I know how hard it is when they're sick....and no, it doesn't get any easier on the Momma....unfortunately.

Oh and welcome to why I no longer wear white....LOL!

Anonymous said...

you both look beautiful! and i am so glad that punkin is better. loves.

TiffanyNorris said...

I love that sweet Grace still had her sweet smile while feeling yucky. Glad she's feeling better!

kristen lewis said...

She is simply delicious even when she doesn't feel good. Precious girl.

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. I didn't 'get it' until Annerson was sick for the 1st time and then it took on a whole new meaning. It usually works that way in general with things. Glad she is feeling better!