Friday, August 5, 2011

Animal Hunts and Blessings

Grace, there are times I feel so much love for you in my heart I think I am going to burst. Right now you are giving us a run for our money and all of the sass and frass is enough to make us wonder what we got ourselves into by becoming parents. But God is faithful to teach me something new through you almost every day, and tonight was no exception.
You love to go on "animal hunts" every night, which consists of us walking around our block and looking for bunnies and giraffes. We have yet to see a giraffe, but you love to look and I love to help you. Tonight we were walking hand in hand and you said, "Mommy, tell me somethin'. What colors do you see?" and that kicked off a game of 'I Spy.' Then you said, "Mommy, can you see my wings? I have wings. I can fly and fly so high up to the moon! Mommy, do you want to go to the moon with me? I love the moon, and I love you, Mommy." This is when my heart almost burst.
I cannot believe how blessed I am to be your mommy. You are such a sweet and caring girl, so full of everything wonderful and I love that God gave you to me. The responsibility of being your mom has overwhelmed me lately, but you give me so much to look forward to. Thank you for bringing so much joy and laughter into my life. I love you, sweet Gracie girl.

No comments: