Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Doctor Appointment Update

I had another non-stress test today and appointment with my OB that went much better than two weeks ago.

* No signs of pre-term labor. Baby is doing great on the monitor and I'm not showing any signs of contractions.
* I had a steroid shot today for the baby's lungs and get a second round tomorrow. This is precautionary in case she takes the baby earlier than 39 weeks. It has made me incredibly crampy, but they said that is a normal side effect.
* Dr. Owen is still unsure of the date she wants to take the baby and is going to reassess at my week 34 sonogram. Depending on the findings, she is either going to schedule me early or leave me at May 24th.
* Depending on what she sees at 34 weeks, she can do an MRI to determine the "level" of accreta (there are three types) and will want to do an amnio test to make sure the baby is ready because she will take her early because of my health risk. Hopefully, like she said, this is just a "weird" thing my body is doing and there is no accreta. That is specifically what I am praying for.
* She did not put me on bed rest (thank you, Lord!) but more of a "half rest" meaning she knows my work schedule is half days and when I'm not at work for those 5 hours a day she wants me off my feet. Because I am not showing any signs of previa or pre-term labor she said she doesn't think I need to be on it. If the accreta is present (which we are praying it's not) there is nothing we can do to prevent it or remedy it until the actual surgery.
* I am feeling pretty good, just realizing that my limit of what makes my cramping start and what makes me feel bad is much lower than I had with Grace. I hate feeling like a wimp, but I am realizing this pregnancy is just tougher for me than I had with Grace. I have also had the realization in the last two weeks that my body is telling me to slow down and when I do, I feel so much better. Only 7 more weeks from today if we go until the 24th of May. We can do this.
* So all in all, great news! I wish I did not have to wait until 34 weeks to find out but I am happy to hear less urgency in my Dr.'s voice and at least have a plan. I left feeling like she is concerned and wants to be prepared, but is not expecting the worst. That is a sigh of relief. I have had a few moments of anxiety, but mostly I have a lot of peace. I know that whatever the outcome is, God is walking with us and this baby is His, just as Grace is his, and our little angel baby is His. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. Hopefully, each week will bring a little more good news and this was just a scare.

No comments: