Wednesday, March 3, 2010

15 month checkup

Grace is seeing a new pediatrician and we went for her first visit and 15 month shots. Nothing says "nice to meet you" like two shots in the arm and two in the leg. Grace had a rough time during the appointment but did the best she has ever done after shots this time. No fever, slept great, not fussy.

A few new updates:
She weighed 21.9 (25th percentile) and was 31.75 inches (75th percentile). She gained three pounds since her one year appointment which is good considering she gained five ounces from 9-12 months. She also grew an inch and a quarter.

She loves blowing kisses and giving high fives.

She has started picking up her stuffed animals and when she hugs them, she pats their bottom like a little mama. So cute.

The doctor thinks Grace is about to cut her molars. It is very white back there and we have all the teething symptoms only worse than before. I put no faith in teething symptoms though. Remember months four thru nine? I do. Nary a tooth for five long teething symptom ridden months.

She has a new dancing thing she likes to do where she shakes her head from side to side while she bends her knees.

She likes to brush her own teeth, which really means she sticks her tongue out and chews on the toothbrush but it is pretty darn cute to watch. This is something we started doing recently. Not sure where that mom memo went, but I didn't know you were supposed to start brushing when they get their first tooth.

She has added big bird (be-bur), boy, and bob dole to her words. You read it right. Bob Dole.

She absolutely hates being in her high chair for longer than five minutes. Last night she would take a lap around the table, stop for a bite of my food, then make another lap and repeated the process until she was full enough to go play in the living room.

She is also completely disinterested in milk. I got a stern talking to from the Dr. who said she should have 16 ounces a day. WHAT? I am lucky if I get her to drink 3 or 4 ounces. This is my new goal for the month.

She has an inflatable car full of those plastic balls you find at fast food playgrounds that she absolutely loves. She climbs in and out of it from the side and it always makes her hair full of static! Too funny.




Here she is dancing in the kitchen the other night. It was before she started her new moves, but it is pretty cute nonetheless. Please pretend I wasn't doing a crazy mama dance in the corner.

7 comments:

Vicki said...

OMG (I only typed that because I am lazy tonight)! That video was PRECIOUS! Brooke and I sat and watched the whole thing and Brooke just GIGGLED! She is getting so big and more precious every month! As for the milk thing, I am clearly NOT a doctor but I assure you she will drink it in spurts or phases, I substituted a lot of yogurt when she wouldn't drink it....all will be okay!

Alisa Palmer said...

Try flavoring her milk with a little almond syrup like they put in coffee (get mini bottles at world market) or vanilla or whatever. Let me know how it goes!

Rachel said...

It's okay that she's saying Bob Dole, as long as she doesn't take on the third-person habit he has. You know, "Grace Sinclair doesn't drink milk because Grace Sinclair doesn't like it!"

The Reeds said...

So funny!

Anonymous said...

my favorite part was listening to you & danny laugh! :)

Daniel Sinclair said...

She is already a Dave Matthews fan, maybe I can get her to like Pearl Jam next.

Amber Church said...

She clearly did not get those moves from me. Even though they are ridiculously cute. I am excited that she is being exposed to some bad-a music!!