Saturday, June 20, 2009

My own tag

I was tagged a few weeks ago by lisa to list 25 random things about myself. that seems like a daunting task, so here is my own made up conglomeration of "tags" done in groups of 5's, 6's, and 7's. again, with the random theme.

Five random facts:
1. I am a sucker for infomercials. Despite my common sense and better judgement, I have ordered (but do not use) the slim in 6 program, a stationary bike for your feet, those really sharp scissors that are supposed to cut a penny, self tanning wipes, a pancake flipper thingy, and a ped egg.
2. Though I know I probably won't use the product after it comes out of the box, I want one of those blankets with arm holes in it, your baby can read dvd's, the 90X challenge series workout dvd, a microphone ear thing that would let me hear the tv better when dan is asleep, and that microdermabrasion wand that susan lucci promotes.
3. I moved 20 times in 27 years and was in 7 school systems before I finished high school.
4. I have four tattoos and Dan and I are working on the next one. I think I would cover my arms in sleeves of them if it were more acceptable. and if I wasn't so prone to changing my mind.
5. I nearly died in a car accident in high school. I flipped my car going 90 miles an hour down interstate 20 across the median and then was hit from behind by an 18 wheeler.

Six Things I wish I could Do:
1. Follow through with things. I am the best starter and the worst finisher.
2. Travel more
3. Fly (not on a plane. like superman.)
4. Accept that God simply loves me for me and not what I do. I'm getting there...
5. Be in two places at once
6. Speak another language fluently.


Five Mommy Confessions:
1. The other day I realized around 3 in the afternoon that I hadn't changed Grace's diaper since 8 that morning.
2. I still HATE drool. cut the teeth already!
3. If I could get away with it, if it were socially acceptable, and if my child would do it, I would nurse Grace waaaayyyyy past one. But call me crazy, when your child can talk and ask for it, I think it's time.
4. I find baby einstein videos eerily mesmerizing
5. For the first three months of Grace's life, I felt like a success if I had brushed my teeth by the time Dan came home from work.


Seven favorite movies of all time:
1. Shawshank Redemption
2. Steel Magnolias
3. Memento
4. Tommy Boy
5. Toy Story
6. Fight Club
7. The War

Five favorite TV shows:
1. Cops
2. The Office
3. So you think you can dance
4. Deadliest Catch
5. 24

Six Bands I want to see in concert:
1. Foo Fighters
2. Dave Matthews
3. U2
4. Coldplay
5. Phish
6. Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

Five Favorite Pictures of the last year







Seven people I tag to do this:
1. Georgia (this should be good)
2. Emily (this will be funny)
3. Kristen L. (this will split my side)
4. Mom (I know you don't have a blog; just leave it in the comments section. you can leave off the picture part. c'mon, it will be fun.)
5. Libby (can't hardly wait)
6. Kristen H. (looking forward to your mommy confessions)
7. Traci (this is because I miss you!)

9 comments:

The Reeds said...

How much fun!! Did you know that I've never been blog tagged??? This is my first.. Thanks! I feel like I've been chosen for a team in P.E....

and the tattoos? I had no idea.. Of course there is A LOT I don't know! How much fun! I'm off to work on mine..

Thanks! Great idea!

ashley said...

i wait with bated breath...

Rachel said...

Regarding the ability to fly:

When we'd been married about 6 months, I told my husband that if I could have a superpower, I would want to fly.

He said, "would you want to be little like a bird, or big like you are?"

He's still alive, and there are two reasons why:

1. I still had the "honeymoon-vibe" going on.

2. my Christianity.

Vicki said...

Always love reading your blog....your mommy confessions not only crack me up, they make me feel somewhat 'normal'..... ;o)

jarcarhar said...

I just knew The Other Sister would make the movie list!

ashley said...

"has it been fifteen minutes yet?"

julie.wood said...

Since I don't have a blog - here are mine!

5 random facts:
1)I am very close to my family! It's a very large family-3 brothers (3 sister-in-laws), 3 sisters (2 brother-in-laws), 4 amazing children, 1 precious granddaughter, 24 nieces/nephews and 26 great nieces/nephews.
2)I have worked at American Airlines for 15 1/2 years and at Baylor Medical Center for 10 years.
3)I love to read!
4)I love being active in my church, through the choir, Bible Study, the women's ministry and I'm on the Personnel committee. Church is a huge part of my life!
5)I absolutely love to fly and use my flight benefits, even if it is only for a day or a few hours.

6 Things I wish I could do:
1)be more patient
2)speak Spanish
3)live in Irving and Lubbock at the same time!
4)go to Australia
5)travel to Europe and ride the trains
6)have enough money to do 4 & 5 above and to not have to worry about finances!

5 Favorite TV shows
1)Grey's Anatomy
2)House
3)Deliver Me
4)One Tree Hill
5)Medical Mysteries

7 favorite movies
1)The Other Sister
2)Little Mermaid
3)Lion King
4)Steel Magnolias
5)In Her Shoes
6)Air Force One
7)My Best Friend's Wedding

5 Mommy Regrets
1)I should have worked less and stayed home more
2)the divorce - so horrible for children
3)I can't live near all my children (and granddaughter)
4)I didn't make them eat vegetables and fruit!
5)We didn't have more money

Jeremy and Kathy said...

So how long do you plan on nursing? I thought I would be done when my daughter turned 1, but she is almost 15 months, and we're still going strong. I go back and forth about whether or not I should wean her yet. This is Kathy (Reed) Harris, by the way. I am a previously unannounced stalker of your blog. I think Grace is precious by the way!

Amanda said...

I breastfed Presley for 3 years (we'd still be doing it if it were up to her, but I was done at 3). The World Health Organization now suggests that you breastfeed for at LEAST 2 years.

You can do it!! It's much more common than you realize, trust me!