Thursday, July 22, 2010

20 months


My, oh my, little pumpkin. 20 months! You are the best little girl and your daddy and I are so proud of you and all that you are doing these days. You keep us laughing on a regular basis and we are constantly wondering what we did to deserve such a sweetie. Here is what you are up to:

You have become a talking toddler overnight it seems. You answer questions with a shoulder shrug and nonchalant responses like, "okay," and "sure." WHAT? It is hilarious.
"Grace do you want yogurt with your breakfast?"
(shrug) "Sure."

You love to play with the $2 ball plastic ball we bought you from United.

You are trying so hard with your ABC's. You say "X, Y, Z, Yaaaayyyy!" alot, as well as X, Y, six. You still aren't fond of seven.

You love to draw on any piece of paper with any kind of pen. It's been neat. Ahem.

You go "shopping" almost every day and walk around the house with a United bag picking up whatever you can find, putting it in your bag, dumping it out on the floor, and starting the whole process over again.

You won't finish the last syllable on a lot of your words. You say "pe" for pen, "ba" for bag, and "bih" for bib. You know how, it's almost as if you're just being lazy or using shorthand with your words. It cracks me up.

You have learned your name! It took us awhile, but you will finally say Grace. It actually sounds more like Greece, but whatever works. I will point to my chest and say "mama," then point to you and say "Grace," and you will smile and usually say "daddy."

You have started saying my mama and my daddy. Melts my heart, but I'm not ready for the possessive to be used with words like toys...

You are as stubborn as you are sweet. You tell us "no" when you don't like or want something and when your mind is made up there is no changing it.

You have started pushing the little cart at United. We can only do this when daddy is with us and can supervise, but it is so fun to watch you put things in your basket. The other day you cleared an entire shelf of snoring aid and put in the basket. A stockboy's dream, I'm sure.

Your nana bought you this backpack. You look like you are about to start kindergarten in this picture! Look how cute you are.
You love whole bananas now.



3 comments:

kristen lewis said...

I am loving the backpack picture. Careful- you will blink and she really will be heading for Kindergarten.

Mike and Emily said...

I am lovin' this post! What a doll! I think our kiddos would have a blast together. I think i've told Mike how Grace says "sure" with a shrug, oh, maybe 5 times. I keep laughing about it! Thanks also for your post on my blog. I understand the waterworks coming at random times! Hope all is well with you guys. Did you get a chance to read that book "I will Carry You" by Angie Smith?

Unknown said...

She is absolutely beautiful.