Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter 2010

Well the pictures I have just aren't going to do our Easter Sunday justice. Grace runs everywhere now and gone are the days of propping her up in her chair and taking 30 pictures of her smiling in her cute dresses! This is the only full shot of her in her dress. She smiles about 5 miliseconds after I take the pictures. Sigh.

After church we spent the afternoon over at Nana and Papa's house eating, napping, and hunting eggs.
Grace loves the little pond on Nana and Papa's back porch. We have to keep a close eye on her because she likes to get uncomfortably close to the water. Dan and I told her no about 20 times and she would just shrug her shoulders and get too close anyway but the one time papa told her no, you would have thought the world was coming to an end. Beth said it was the first time she ever heard Tom tell Grace no. Dra-ma.
She is in love with this little frog that sits by the pond. She likes to kiss it and give it hugs and pat it on the back. Notice Tom and Dan standing guard over the pond in the background.


Hugging Mr. Frog...
Losing her grip on Mr. Frog...

Mr. Frog 2007-2010. May he rest in peace. Grace caught on to hunting eggs very well. She had a little Elmo basket and once Tom showed her how to put the eggs in the basket, she had a blast. We have had seven egg hunts since Sunday afternoon. It hasn't gotten old, yet.


Why do people take pictures staring straight into the sun? Our faces may not show it but we had a great afternoon.

I kept thinking I was just being lazy but it turns out I had a stomach bug and all of my "I don't feel great" comments were justified about three hours later.
I love this picture. Like father, like son. This is not a bad thing if Tom is your dad. I look forward to teaching Grace about the real meaning of Easter, but for now, we will enjoy our daily egg hunts. I hope everyone had a fabulous Easter full of family, frogs, food and rest!

6 comments:

Valencias said...

She is so beautiful!

Mike and Emily said...

Thanks Ashley! We are certainly so excited...and a little (sometimes more than a little) nervous. Crazy isn't it? Your little ball of joy is too cute. I love that hair.And, sorry you had the stomach bug. We all have had that this year too and it was no fun.

TiffanyNorris said...

Love that she kissed the frog! Sweet sweet girl!

Anonymous said...

i think grace officially has more hair than kamryn now! i love the narrative of the froggie incident. love you guys!

Libby said...

I'm thinking the bow needs to be a bit bigger:) She is just adorable!!

Organized Chaos said...

I laughed out loud when I read "Mr. Frog 2007-2010." That is SO funny.

You're a riot, Ashley. I needed a good laugh tonight. Thank you much.

DARLING little girl of yours. She is precious.